There is a new report from George Washington University called Digital Trade and Data Governance Hub rates 68 countries on their approaches to data governance. This report scores each country on 26 factors over six categories.
- Consistent performance over the two year period
- Income disparities in data governance
- Shared evidence of key components of comprehensive data governance
- Growing importance of digital trade agreements as a form of data governance
- Governments seeking advice from experts
- Policymakers are generally not responsive to public concerns regarding data governance
You can view the full report here.