The Light Collective is advancing the collective rights, voices, and interests of patient communities in healthcare technology.
You can read all about our mission here. Healthcare technology can move faster than our ability to safeguard ourselves from its consequences. As patient communities adopt new technologies, we recognize our communities must be fairly represented in the data and tech that affect our lives and our health. Representation must be tied to real legal rights, duties, accountability, and digital governance.
This was the Town Hall from our 2022 Cohort, and we are proud of what we were able to accomplish. Help us shape the vision for what comes next.
Where We’re Headed
Are you ready to help us change the relationship between patient advocacy, social media, and new technologies in healthcare?
Who You Are
- You are a senior staff member, leader or founder of an established grassroots organization with support from your leadership to participate in this program.
- With support from your organization you are willing and able to represent its community (non profit organization or informally organized community like a peer community online) in an official capacity as part of the Collective.
- You will serve as a liaison between The Light Collective and your nonprofit/ community to adopt new standards and best privacy practices online.
- You will educate and do outreach with your community members about digital rights and health technology governance with materials you co-design.
- You will prepare for and participate in Advisory Board meetings, including reviewing agenda, background materials and minutes.